Hair Transplant Surgery for Eyebrows

My eyebrows are more bushy at the front so it looks like I only have half an eyebrow. If I went through with the surgry, would the doctor be able to remove some of the unwanted eyebrow hairs, and place them so the rest of my eyebrow evened out and made an arch shape? Thanks.

Eyebrow Transplant

+1

Yes. Eyebrow transplants are becoming more popular types of hair transplants; however,  what you described is not practical, but it is a good thought. I resolve the problem of harshness by utilizing finer hair for eyebrow transplant, favoring finer hairs from the nape, arms and legs.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair Transplant surgery for Eyebrows

+1

You cannot transplant from one area of the eyebrow to the other.  It would be very difficult to accurately identify the follicles for retransplantation from one side of the eyebrow to the other.  Your best option is to use hair from the lower back of your head if it is a good color and texture to match. 

Jack Fisher, MD

Eyebrows

+1

No question you can have your eyebrows thickened nicely and made symmetrical to get the look you desire. It would be a process of adding needed hair, best from the scalp to match thickness; and removing the occasional hair by FUE process to thin the overly thick areas. Thinning needs to be done conservatively so as not to leave any marks in the thick skin of the eyebrow. We have extensive experience with brow transplantation work and it is important to do it as meticulously as possible

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Transplantation

+1

Please view the attached video showing an eyebrow transplantation procedure. Eyebrow transplantation is a delicate process, just like any hair restoration, and it is a procedure that I specialize in, performing many weekly.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow hair transplants from scalp

+1

Eyebrow hair transplant using micrografts harvested from the scalp is a very successful procedure. Thick eyebrow hair is not a good source of these grafts. The brows can be thinned using hair removal techniques.

Hair transplant for eyebrows would not look normal

+1

The problem is that you will leave a scar in the bushy part of the brow. If you need hair in the outer part of the brow, the hair would be taken from the scalp and would need to be trimmed since it will grow long.