Hair Removal Risks?

Is there any negative effects on your body when you get permanent hair removal done? In other words, is it necessary for your body to produce the hair that you are removing?

Not Unless You Plan to Be An Artic Explorer

+2

We really do not need that hair anymore. Unless you decide to become a refrigerator repairman or an Artic explorer. I can see no real value to it. There may have been some adaptive benefit thousands of years ago, but I see none now.

I can think of two men with very hairy chests and backs in whom I picked up very early melanomas. They were both fortunate that they were being seen and treated for other skin cancers on a regular basis. I am just adding a possible non-cosmetic benefit to having this done.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Does the body need hair?

+1

It is not physiologically necessary for your body to have the hair that is removed with laser hair removal, so removal from that stand point is safe.   

Hairs can be removed safely

+1

Hairs have some biological funtions which are not necessary or desirable nowadays. For example spreading of body odour under the arms or in the groins or temperature regulation on the body (front or back).  Hairs in these areas can be removed safely.

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL Permanent Hair Removal is a safe procedure when performed by an experienced physician.

+1

Patient satisfaction with IPL Permanent hair Removal is very high. You're a good candidate if you have light skin, and dark, thick fast-growing hair. Patients with darker skin types and thin, light hair are less likely to acheive a satisfactory result after 6 treatments.

The risks associated with IPL Permanent Hair removal include: skin burns, scarring, changes in skin pigmentation, or failure to achieve desired results. These risks are seen more frequently in patients with darker skin types. Patient selection is critical when considering IPL hair removal, so it's important to consult with an experienced physician.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4904

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal Risks

+1

Fortunately, there are few if any severe risks to laser hair removal.

Burns are probably the most severe potential risk, but are highly unlikely with proper equipment in the hands of an experienced and qualified operator.

More practically, pigmentation could result from treatment, or the regrowth of some of the hair.

The body hair that is removed does not serve an important function.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal risks

+1

The most common risks associated with laser hair removal are skin pigmentation issues which typically are temporary but can sometimes be permanent. There is no response by your body to produce additional or abnormal hair. Other risks include the possibility of scarring and remotely infection.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair is not essential to survival

+1

You don't "need" the hair on your body, so removing it (or, more accurately, reducing it) has no negative effects.  It's purely a cosmetic choice.

Laser hair removal

+1
Laser hair removal is safe in terms of there being no negative issuea with that hair not growing again. The skin doesn't need it to function. There are risks with doing the procedure but it has a high satisfaction rate. Some of these riskd include blisters, pigmentation changes (lighter and darker) failure to work, showing more hair growth and even scarring.

Hair removal

+1

It is important to realize that laser hair removal results in permanent reduction in hair growth not a permanent hair loss. The biggest risks associated with hair removal are inexperienced operators of whatever hair removal technique is being used such that scarring, burns or irregular pigmentation occur. In general hair removal is safe.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal is a safe effective method

+1
Hair on the body mainly is there as part of us of being mammals. Unlike other mammals, we do not use hair to keep warm. There are no major benefit for it in humans. In humans, hair acts as a sexual characteristic if on the face and as well as in the ares of the pubis and axilla. Hair may be safely removed using many methods, including laser. Laser hair removal that is used, utilizies an Alexandrite, NdYAG or diode lasers depending on skin type. What is most important is that your treating physician should cater the treatment accorrding to your skin type, with no major side effects when used properly.
Dubai Dermatologist