How can I treat my hair loss?

I am 57 years old. for the past 6 years I have lost almost all of my hair. I had blood tests for hormonal changes, iron shortages, etc. I have been told it Is stress, which is partly true. I drink vitamins and exercise for the stress, and even though I do have new hair growth, nothing seems to help the falling hair. What can the reason be for this situation. My mom is 89 with a head of hair to be envious about.

Hair loss starting at age 50

In short, you should see a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. Hair loss "beginning" at age 50 is never ever genetic hair loss so you'll want a complete examination with blood tests and possibly a biopsy. 

Two issues you'll want evaluated is scarring alopecia and alopecia areata as well as other causes too.