Hair-Loss Treatments! Regarding Minoxidil.

I need some advice on a product I'm considering. I'm 24, this started when 18 yrs old. Minoxidilmax from amazon, this is 15% Minoxidil. This seems to be one possible product that could work, there are some 5% Minoxidil products on amazon too, but I don't have time to excrement with 5% Minoxidil products since my baldness has advanced. My question is, if it might be safe to use it? Will it cause problems? also can I use hair restorative shampoos along with it (not together at the same time)?

Hair Restoration with Minoxidil

+1

Minoxidil is generally most effective when used at the onset of pattern baldness. From your pictures, it appears that your hair loss has progressed and you may be beyond the restorative capacity of this treatment. Additionally, I would not recommend trying 15% minoxidil, as it will likely cause severe scalp irritation and could adversely affect your blood pressure. At this point, I would advise a consultation with a hair loss specialist to look into other options, such as FUE hair transplant.

Web reference: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/prescription-treatments/rogaine-right-for-me/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Minoxidil for Hair Loss

+1

In the USA, the FDA has approved 2% and 5% topical minoxidil to stop the progression of hair loss. This will not grow new hair.  Judging from your pictures, you need a combination of hair transplantation surgery, oral finasteride, and topical minoxidil.  In order for you to get the best possible plan of action, please consider an in-person consultation.

Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.