Hair Loss/extreme Dry Scalp?

I'm a 29 yr old female. I do not dye my hair but for some reason it has been falling out in large amounts I do not have bald spots but my hair is becoming very thin. I have chronic dry scalp I guess you could call it and nothing I have tried has made it any better. I really need suggestions and what type of doctor should I see for this?

Doctor Answers (2)

Hair Loss in Women


There are many different causes of hair loss, especially in women. While female pattern baldness is one of the leading causes, it is often a symptom of an underlying illness, issue, or lifestyle choice (such as poor diet). I advise you to see a dermatologist.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Female Hair Loss

There are a variety of causes for your hair loss and the associated change in the scalp condition.  I strongly suggest you meet with a doctor who has experience treating hair loss, which may be a dermatologist, or a hair restoration specialist.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 50 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.