Is there a Relationship Between Hair Loss & Aggressive Over-resectioning Nose Job?

I believe there is definitely a relationship & find it frustrating that many surgeons deny this, yet I have had some doctors tell me that there IS a relationship. Any weigh ins?

Rhinoplasty and Hair loss

+1

There has never been a proven correlation between nose surgery and hairloss unless the hairs you are asking about are the hairs within your nose.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss is not a factor from rhinoplasty

+1
I have been doing all forms of nasal surgery for over thirty years and have never heard of any correlation between resectioning of nose job and hair loss. I have attended at least two medical meetings a year, read thousands of journals and performed thousands of rhinoplasty, septorhinoplasty, septoplasty procedures and have never heard this come up or be associated in any way with this procedure. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD