I Had a Hair Accident About 7 Years Ago with Tight Cornrows. My Hair Has Never Grown Back.

I had a hair accident about 7 years ago with tight cornrows, my hair has never grown back. Now I have really short hair and a small bald spot. How can I regrow it?

FUE Hair Transplant For Small Scar

+1

It appears to be a scarring condition, in which case it comes as no shock that nothing has grown after 7 years. You would likely benefit from hair transplantation using a small number of grafts. Such a diminutive bald area is an excellent reason for using the FUE hair transplantation method. Using the uGraft, it is a minimally invasive procedure. Consult your dermatologist or hair specialist.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair loss after an accident or with tight cornrows

+1

Thank you for your question and your picture.  It is difficult to tell what exactly is going on just by looking at your picture.  You would be best served by an in-person consultation at one of our offices.  You have plenty of options to give you an excellent result.  Besides the topical minoxidil that you may be advised to try, you can have a hair transplantation surgery which will be durable and natural.  In addition, you may treat other areas of hair loss caused by your tight cornrows.  The donor site can heal remarkably well and be difficult to see, depending on how you wear your hair.  Take good care!

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Baldness treatment after trauma.

+1

This can be fixed by removing the bald area or by placing hair grafts in the bald area. It depends on how big the bald area is and the looseness of the scalp.