I'm 29 Yrs Old with 44k Size Breasts, Should I Try for Gastric Bypass or Reduction?

I'm 29 yrs old and have size 44k breasts. I'm 5'6 and 245 lbs. I've always had severe back and neck problems because of them. Ever since I was in high school they've been big. I have Medicaid but want to know if it would be more beneficial to get a reduction or gasturic bypass. Please help with any advice.

Weight loss

+2

Your BMI is over 40 which makes you obese. You need to diet first - get your bmi under then 30 and the be re-evaluated for a possible breast reduction.

44K breasts will require breast reduction regardless of weight.

+1

Hi.

1)  There are two separate issues.  Of course you will be much better off losing a lot of weight.  But that is EXTREMELY hard to do.  If you opt for gastric bypass, definitely do that first, because your breasts will change.

2)  But whether or not you do lose a lot of weight, I think you will benefit by a breast reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Reduction Surgery while Overweight?

+1

I think you will be much better off reaching a long-term stable weight  prior to undergoing breast reduction surgery. Reaching this lower weight will  allow for a safer breast reduction procedure and minimize the chances that additional surgery will be necessary when you reach a long-term stable weight.

Breast reduction or bariatric surgery?

+1

Given your height and weight I would suggest weight loss or bariatric surgery prior to a breast reduction. With increased weight your risks of complications during and after surgery is greatly increased. It will be safer and healthier for you to wait on the reduction.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Weight and breast size

+1

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for a bypass or lap band. Best to see a bariatric surgeon. Your breats will certainly become smaller and it may or may not help your back and neck pain. If the breasts are still alarge at that point, then you possibly could have a reduction performed.