Back Numbness After Multiple Procedures

I had a tummy tuck, liposuction and breast implants done 1 week ago. The numbness in my lower back is getting worse. It is going down my legs. Is this normal? I feel great otherwise. Should I be walking? How can I avoid more damage?

Lower back pain is common after tummy tuck

+1

IT sounds as if your bent over posture is causing a lower back pain or even symptoms of "sciatica" which can be due to nerve root compression. Improving your posture and using a lower back lumbar support and sleeping with your knees flexed may help to decrease the symptoms. Discuss this with your surgeon, Perhaps a physical therapist could be of assistance.

Expanding Back Numbness to the Leg after Cosmetic Surgery is NOT Normal

+1

Regarding: "Back Numbness After Multiple Procedures
I had a tummy tuck, liposuction and breast implants done 1 week ago. The numbness in my lower back is getting worse. It is going down my legs. Is this normal? I feel great otherwise. Should I be walking? How can I avoid more damage
?"

While some numbness may be seen in area of liposuction for a few days is seen, it is never "normal" to have the magnitude of back numbness you describe and to have it extent to the legs. Such symptoms suggest a process in the spinal cord and must be shared with your Plastic surgeon and your anesthesiologist as soon as possible.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Numbness after a tummy tuck and SAL

+1

While numbness of the abdomen or hips after surgery is fairly common, it is not common to have lower back or leg numbness after this procedure. Check with your doctor.

Numbness after a tummy tuck and lipo

+1

Tummy tuck surgery is a very popular and effective way to contour the abdomen. Patients experiencing this surgery should anticipate a significant recovery process. Patients can have swelling that in a process for 6 to 8 months. During this time, patients may experience numbness or tingling sensations throughout their nominal wall. These are signs that your abdominal nerves are repairing and returning back to normal. If you continue to have the tingling station or the numbness after this period of time, relay your concerns to your plastic surgeon. They will assess your abdomen and help determine if there may be another cause for these symptoms

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

Numbness after surgery

+1

I concur. Do NOT delay. Contact your surgeon immediately. This may well be some minor irritation post-op, but could be more serious. Do not ignore this and call your surgeon now.

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon

Not normal...

+1

If you are truly having numbness in your legs, bring it to the attention of your surgeon quickly. If your surgery involved an epidural catheter or if you were turned over at the time of surgery, you may have aggravated a nerve in your back. It may be nothing, but prompt treatment may be needed if it is something more serious!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon