Is it possible for HA filler to stay in the fat pad area permanently, or will it eventually dissolve?

I had a HA filler years ago (over 4 at least) in the tear trough area..... there are no lumps that I feel, I read on here about the fillers staying longer in the tear trough area, or if they are injected into the fat pad that it will stay longer.........my question was, is it possible to stay in the fat pad area permanently, or will it eventually dissolve? Mine has never "gone down" although there are no lumps.............also was wondering why it would not dissolve if injected into fat...........thank you!

Tear troughs and filler?

+1
Are you sure it is filler that you see as opposed to fat herniation?  Always best to be seen in person. Best of luck with your decision to be seen and treated.