I Had Gynomastia Removed Via Liposuction 8 Weeks Ago but Im Still Not Healed. Why is That?

I had gyno removed from my chest 8 weeks ago and I'm still not healed. Why am I still swollen at the lower part of my chest

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Liposuction and gynecomastia surgery

+1

In about 95% of my gynecomastia surgeries I do excise the gland and our reccurence rate after excision is zero so far.If swelling is not down in a few months talk to your surgeon about performing excision of the gland.

Web reference: http://gynecomastiausa.com

Swelling after Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

Without direct examination it is not possible to give you good advice; follow-up with your plastic surgeon for this purpose. Keep in mind, that complete resolution of swelling and “redraping” of the skin does take several months to occur.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_gynecomastia.htm

Healing after gyncomastia surgery

+1

Your question does not explain what you feel is delaying your healing.  I can say that liposuction of any area, including a male breas,t takes a few months to resolve so you can judge the final result.  If there is some problem with the breast skin or the incisions, I cannot comment without examining you.  You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.