Gyno Crater Defect Better over Time?

I had gyno surgey 5 weeks ago. It appears I have a crater deformity on both sides. My doctor doesn't think I do and says it's normal. He didn't take any after pics of my surgery so I don't have any to post yet, but assuming I do have a crater, is that something that can fill in over time? I realize 4 weeks is still early, but my chest is slightly indented when standing still and really indented when flexed. It looks worse than pics I've googled of people with confirmed crater defects.

Gynecomastia correction surgery

+1

It certainly takes time for post-operative results to be fully seen.  Often there is swelling that  can take a few months to fully improve.  Swelling can accentuate the appearance of a crater.  Gynecomastia surgery is more about shaping the male chest then removing all possible tissue.  It is possible to create a crater if too much is taken out and if that is the case revision surgery may be necessary.  I have found it is always easier to take out a little more later than to try and add it back.  Keep following your surgeons recommendations and give it time to improve.  Generally at least 3-4 months are needed until the final results can be appreciated.  Best of luck with your recovery.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Still early

+1

It is still early to know for certain what your final result will be. Even if you ultimately need it to be corrected, it is too early to do anything now. Follow up closely with your surgeon. Don't be surprised if you keep hearing "wait...wait...wait". Stay connected and he/she will want you to be happy in the end and do whatever they can to get you there.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon