Gynecomatia Revision Surgery. Is it Necessary to Go Under For a Fat Transfer?

I had gynecomastia surgery a few years ago. The doc was a little too aggressive on the lipo in one area (he's retired now). Went to another p.s. and he said I needed a fat transfer. He claims they need to put me all the way under for the procedure. Is this really necessary? Also, Is it possible to just use radiesse or filler to make some improvement?

Crater Deformity

+1

Injectables are temporary and overr time can be veryy expensive.  The best choice is fat flap tranfer first and fat injections second.  I always perfer general or LMA anesthesia.

Filler

+1

We have used sculptra quite successfully for minor breast contour abnormalities. It may require more than one minor session.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia revision

+1

Going under anesthesia for a revision really depends upon what is needed to be done. If fat transfer and harvesting are to be performed, it may be more comfortable for you to do so. Other fillers are not adequate because of the volumes often needed to be injected.