How To Improve Recovery of Gynecomastia 2 Weeks Post Op?

i had surgery 2weeks ago and still there is a lot of bruising (discoloration) and some lose skin around the aerola. can a massage be done to make the skin firm? also the left aerola seems to be folding inside a little bit (it seems there is a kind of small hole when i touuch the area. what can be done?

+1
It can be well within the normal range to have the symptoms you are describing.  I typically advise my patients that they may have swelling and some minor contour irregularities for 6-8 weeks after gynecomastia reduction.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia healing

+1
It is not abnormal to have bruising around the areola. Massage will not make the tissues firmer. You are still very swollen so give it some time before worrying about the result. You should continue to wear the compression garment as per your plastic surgeon's directions.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Early post op gynecomastia

+1

At two weeks post-op it is a bit early in terms of recovery. You may have alot of swelling at thispoint. As for depressions that you feel, it really depends upon what was done.  Sometimes with direct excision of tissue through an incision this may occur. Give it time to heal. If you have concerns, speak with your surgeon.

Be patient

+1
Two weeks is still early in the post op period. Bruising is normal but a hematoma is not. It doesn't sound like that. I would not message yet but wear the compression garment. Hopefully the skin will contract to the new contour but it depends on how your skin was to start.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia Surgery Recovery?

+1

At this point in your recovery there is not much that you can do that will significantly change the recovery process. Swelling, bruising, “folding”, “small holes” will require time to improve. In regards to specific modalities such as massage it would be best for you to check with your plastic surgeon to get his/her OK  prior to implementing.

Again, at this stage patience is required.