Gynecomastia Surgery? (photo)

I had my tummy tuck fleur de lis eight months ago after losing 150 lbs of my weight. . My upper abdominal area is flabby. I am going to have Gynecomastia and fix that bulge. I posted earlier in regard to that, but i have started to work out and lift weights like crazy and I've noticed that i have a bigger chest the skin is driving me crazy. My question is that i don't need more incision. Do you think smart lipo or technique will help resolve my problem with no Gynecomastia? how much to fix that?

Gynecomastia and smart lipo

+1

It looks like from your photos that you have a lot of loose skin. Smartlipo will not make this skin tighter. It looks like you may need some type of skin excision procedure. Good luck.

Weight Loss Body Contouring in Men Can Be Gratifying

+1
Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss!  Your questions are excellent.  While liposuction of any type is an important part of your body contouring concerns, unfortunately laser lipo alone is unlikely to address the concerns that you have shown in your photos.  The upper adominal fullness is a side effect of the fleur de lis abdominoplasty technique.  Mild cases can be treated with lipo, but more significant cases like yours need to be treated with skin excision.  While you do not want any more incisions, you will not get the reduction of skin laxity you want unless you remove the skin.  The skin tightening technologies currently on the market cannot give you the improvement you desire.  You do have the benefit of a hairy chest and abdomen.  I find that incisions are well hidden in hairy patients like yourself.  I would recommend an upper abdominoplasty and excisional mastopexy with adjunctive liposuction.  This combination of procedures requires significant expertise in body contouring after weight loss.  Examples can be seen at bitarinstitute.com.  Good luck with your search!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Gyecomasia with loose skin

+1

Slim lipo laser lipoplasty does produce some tightening in this area, but not enough to be a complete solution.  You are trying to minimize scars, which makes sense.  A strategy that combines a periareolar tightening of skin with slim lipo or smart lipo plus direct excision of firm breast tissue could work well, but might require 2 stages to maintain a safe blood supply to the areola.  It all comes down to the physical exam.  I hope this information is helpful.

John Q. Cook, MD

Liposuction of any type will not correct excess skin of the breast

+1

You have grade III gynecomastia that involves excess skin, fat and breast tissue.  No form of liposuction will correct your excess skin problem.  An evaluation by a plastic surgeon experienced with gynecomastia surgery as well as massive weight loss patients is necessary.  Unfortunately there is no form of non-ablative laser that will correct your skin excess problem.  

Loose skin requires excision

+1

Non-invasive and minimally invasive methods of skin tightening, like thermage and Smartlipo, aren't effective enough to eliminate your loose skin.  Cutting out the skin is very effective but leaves a scar.  You should have a consult with a doctor that can do both who can help you plan a balance between effectiveness and scarring.  A combination approach may be useful.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia and massive weight loss

+1

Unfortunately your problem is really a combination of too much skin and poor/reduced skin elasticity. There is no device on the market (SmartLipo, Thermage, Accent, etc) that can fix your problem so save your money. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia and excess skin after Weight loss

+1

You have gynecomastia and extensive excess skin due to the large weight  loss. Gynecomastia surgery alone will not provide a solution for your problem. You will require skin excisions after the gynecomastia surgery. Basically the issue with your excess skin is a balancing of the increased scaring from the skin excision  incisions with the improvement from the removal of the skin.

Jay M. Pensler, MD