Gynecomastia Surgery 1st Week Appearance Good or Bad?

i just had my gynecomastia surgery done a week ago. lipo and excision. my left nipple is hard and a little puffy, but chest is okay. while my right nipple is normal flat looking (a lot better than left). will my left nipple appearance now still change, since its only been a week? im quite worried. im thinking maybe its just the swelling? thank you.

Gynecomastia Surgery 1st Week Appearance

+1
While it is understandable to be overly vigilant post surgery, it is early and you have a healing process that will take months and not weeks. Express your concerns to your surgeon, and he or she will check you as necessary.

Asymmetric healing common after gynecomastia surgery.

+1

Regardless of the technique some asymmetry of the breast during gynecomastia convalescence is expected. This should improve with time.

Normal After Liposuction of Chest

+1

You are only one week out of surgery.  All that you describe sounds normal. Your chest contour will improve over the next 2-3 months.  Continue to wear your compression garment because it is helpful to maximize your final result.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

One week after gynecomastia surgery

+1

At one week it is too early to tell how things will look in a few months. But they will undergo changes as the swelling dissipates.