Gynecomastia 3 mths post-op ,scar tissue & swelling, can any doctors comment on my results and if there are solutions?(Photo)

I'd like to give a quick synopsis of my post-op journey. (started with pretty mild gyno) Week 1 - the results were incredible, great contouring Weeks 2-present - started developing heavy scar tissue. Since week 2 my right areola has been extremely puffy, however it feels hollow to the touch - the areola will simply collapse like a flap of skin if I rub my finger over it. I think it is swelling but there is some volume below the lower edge of my pectoral muscles - hopefully this isn't fat.

Too early to judge results even three months after gynecomastia excision.

+1
From the photographs I don't see anything terribly worrisome. At three-month there is still swelling after gynecomastia excision and further changes can be anticipated.

Possible seroma after gynecomastia surgery

+1
It is possible that you have a seroma or collection of fluid under the skin.  You should be examined by your plastic surgeon.  If it is a seroma is can be needle aspirated.  

Gynecomastia

+1
Probably a lot of swelling underneath areola.  May take a while to subside if that is the case. Best to follow closely with your surgeon.

Gynecomastia

+1
Results look pretty good, I would inject some steroid and start super aggressive massage to break down and slow down the scarring

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC