Gynecomastia liposcution: Should i need a revision? (Photo)

I saw PL for gynecomastia , and he said its minimal grade 1 and first try with lipo and excision would be considered during surgry. After OP,he said he took 400 ml fat from both the sides and no need for excision , also he advsd to wear garment for 6 mnths.i wore grmnt for 2 wks 24x7, then wearing it during day time. Now its exactly 3 mnths from OP,and i feel not satisfied with the result. I dont have pre OP img and sry for that,am attaching the current photos.plz advise,sud i need revision or is it ok?

Gynecomastia results

+3
I know it is so difficult to wait, but honestly, I continue to see improvement in my gynecomastia patients for a minimum of 4 months out from surgery until up to 6 or 8.  It would actually be a little unusual with this amount of liposuction volume removed for you to be seeing your final result at 3 months.  I know it's hard to wait, but you are still going to improve.  Good luck

Gynecomastia and results

+2
Without seeing preop photos it is difficult to comment. I usually try liposuction first and then consider excision procedures if necessary after the liposuction heals.

Revision needed?

+1
i feel the look okay, but i don't know what you started with
can you feel hard lumps at that small area of protuberance under the nipple? this will go away in 6-8 months,you can have a review again then

Charanjeev Sobti, MBBS
India Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia liposcution: Should i need a revision

+1
I must say that there is still time to see the final outcomes. Liposuction usually takes four to six months to show the final results. And it will completely be your choice to get more correction, but I'll advice you to wait for at least two months more. I understand that only liposuction leaves patients in a dilemma of having second intervention that's why removal of the tough glandular tissues is must. Usually many surgeons avoid an incision due to the possibility of visible scars (whatever incision they use- periareolar or transareolar) but with most advanced technique- any additional scars can be avoided.

R. K. Mishra, M.Ch, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

Need for revision gynecomastia surgery?

+1
It's really impossible to tell without an examination. Usually there is not much change after 3 months. But if there is some thick scar tissue present it can be improved with careful steroid injections. Continue to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Gynecomastia liposcution: Should i need a revision?

+1
. The present posted photos show a very mild excess but again the comparison is needed.. Please obtain a pre operative photo from the surgeon and post so we can compare

Incomplete result following liposuction

+1
It is impossible to comment without your preop photos but usually when performing liposuction one removes as much as is possible during the procedure. It takes months to settle and you will still see some improvements in the months to come. That said the need for further surgery depends on what you wish to achieve, the pros and cons and whether the result of further surgery will meet your expectations. Further liposuction +/- excisional surgery is possible but it depends on what you wish to achieve.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia surgery

+1
Without preoperative results, it is impossible to critique your result.  If you flex your pectoralis muscle and pinch the area around your nipple in a vertical orientation, this will help you to appreciate any residual breast tissue.  I use VASER liposuction on male breasts as I find it to be the most effective and if I have not gotten the result I was anticipating, I then make an incision on the edge of the nipple and excise the residual.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Gynecomastia Excision

+1
The treatment of gynecomastia by liposuction alone can often be very effective by itself. The removal of 400ml from each side is substantial and the intraoperative judgment to not do open excision at the time was based on volume and to avoid the risk of a crater deformity. It is not rare to subsequently need a second stage excision to improve the result. I would wait a full six months before proceeding with it.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD