I've Had Gynecomastia for 4-years and I'm 17. How Much Time It Will Take to Be over?

I've had gynecomastia for 4-years since i was 13 and i just turned 17 last week...I'm 1.94m and 85kg...The enlargment of my breast had been decreasing by time...Now my breast is not that large as before...I just want to know how much time it will take to be over ????

After four years are probably will not be any decrease in the volume of gynecomastia.

+1

Many young man acquire some gynecomastia going to puberty. This most often recedes into three years. At four years I don't think you'll see much improvement.

Adolescent Gynecomastia

+1

80% to 90% adolescent gynecomastia cases resolve on their own within a few weeks to about 3 years. If your breasts are now starting to decrease in size that is good, and you should wait longer to see if they will return to normal. It is unknown if you will end up with more breasts tissue than you want. You might want to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in gynecomastia to evaluate your condition. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia

+1

Gynecomastia usually persists for a year or two following puberty. If it persists after that it can remain and could be caused by a variety of medical conditions

David L. Abramson, MD