I Go to Gym Everyday and Workout.I Wanted to Know if It Somehow Effects the Growth of my Hair?

I am working out everyday. And I feel a significant change in my hair for I can clearly feel my hair getting less. I can see my head now. I am so worried and want to know if my hair loss has anything to do with my workout at gym.

Hair Loss and Daily Activities

+2

We all worry whether "something we're doing is making us lose our hair". The fact is, most of it is out of our control. Genetics by far are the major factor in hair loss, so look back in the family tree to place blame! Hormones, however, do play a role as well. While our daily activities don't greatly influence our hormones, patients should be careful with certain things. Testosterone is the major player, and while working out doesn't necessarily increase normal testosterone levels, some of the supplements people (especially body builders) take can have effects. Steroids and testosterone supplements (natural or otherwise) can promote hair loss, and really should be used only under medical supervision. Too little testosterone should be treated in men, but too much of it can lead to problems as well.

That being said, having a healthy lifestyle and keeping in shape in general is a great thing, and does not cause hair loss. If it is happening, it was going to probably happen anyway. Talk to a trained Hair Transplant Surgeon about how to best treat your level of loss.

San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Working Out and Hair Loss

+1

Working out does not directly cause noticeable hair loss. While there are a number of causes (often symptomatic of an underlying health issue) androgenic alopecia, or male pattern baldness, is responsible for 95% of male hair loss and is out of our control.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair Loss and exercise

+1

Most likely not.  There are multiple causes of hair loss including stress, hormones, and just natural genetic pattern type loss. 

Jack Fisher, MD

Hair loss and gym workouts

+1

It is unlikely that your hair loss is related to your workouts.  In order to get the best possible explanation, you need to make an appointment for an in-person consultation with a hair transplant surgeon or local dermatologist. There are medical causes of hairloss that should be ruled out (such as thyroid dysfunction) and genetic causes.  Male and female pattern hair loss is most often a genetic condition that will only worsen with time.  Hair transplantation surgery along with medications targeted towards preservation of your existing hair (such as Rogaine and Propecia- if indicated) is your best bet.  

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon