Unhappy WIth Rhinoplasty Result, What Do I Do Guys?

I got reviews and pics on my previous posts and it's now coming up to 2 years since surgery and i'm still experiencing swelling especially on my nose tip region.It seems to get worse after a heavy night out ( Drinking Alcohol). Then i go sometimes weeks where my nose fully goes down and looks great. When it swells though,it swells bad and the nose tip region really harden.My surgeon will do a revision but i'm worried it could get worse. Do i wait another 6 months or will this swelling never go?

Video: Revision Rhinoplasty for swelling and bad smell 2 years after

+1

The swelling should be down now after 2 years. I would really have to see a picture. It could be a reaction to a suture in your nose. This could also be a skin condition. The drinking of the alcohol could indicate that you have some hyperactive vessels in your nose that could be persisting from the surgical trauma. You are welcome to send me pictures.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling still 2 years after Rhinoplasty

+1

I would vote to wait for another 6 months or until these wide variations in nasal swelling stop.  IMHO, there's nothing that a Revision Rhinoplasty, performed at this time, would or could do to stop that from happening.  You'll be at exactly the same place, or worse if the Revision Rhinoplasty created weakness, loss of support, asymmetry or another issue.  So you can put my comments, in the proper perspective...I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty including very complicated Revisions (in one case the patient had 9 prior surgeries before seeing me) for over 20 years.

Swelling after two years

+1

If your nose seems to swell now more than two years after your rhinoplasty, I would suspect something else is going on.  You  may have a skin condition that predisposes you to this.

Fluctuating nasal swelling 2 years after rhinoplasty

+1

Although there can be some residual tissue swelling a year or so after rhinoplasty surgery, the fluctuating symptoms you describe in which your nose looks totally normal is not likely to be due to your prior surgery.

To investigate a condition of the overlying skin itself I would suggest visiting with a dermatologist in your area for an evaluation.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

+1

After 2 yrs the improvement on your swelling should not be that significant, unless you have extremely thick skin. Doing another surgery may not solve the problem, in fact may make it worse as another surgery will just create another healing cycle.

I agree with previous post from Dr. Naficy. 

Michel Siegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Intermittent swelling after 2 years

+1

you should consider the possibility that this is a skin condition, such as rosacea, making your nose tip swell - if the nose looks good for weeks at times surgery may not be your cure

Sam Naficy, MD