Will my Gummy Bear Implants Fall into Place?

I have recently undergone a mastopexy replacing saline implants (above the muscle) with cohesive implants (below the muscle). I had a small amount of capsular contraction to repair as well.

I was a 36D wanting a small 36C. I spent a lot of time showing my surgeon pictures explaining the look and size I wanted. I am currently 2 weeks post surgery and the implants are very high with the majority of the tissue above the areola.

Mastopexy results take time to settle

+3

It is not at all uncommon for breasts to be "high riding" after a mastopexy. In fact, many surgeons make this their goal. It may take somewhere between 6-9 months before they completely settle but there are many fators that determine this. A textrued surface may make this more difficult. In the meantime, many surgeons use an upper pole band and breast implant displacement excercises to help them soften and settle.

Give it some more time.

Gummy bear implants are riding high.

+2

Two weeks after surgery is very early. The implants may appear high because of normal post-operative swelling. Wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the result. If the implants still appear too high, discuss it with your surgeon. I find it takes about 9 months for gummy bear implants to feel natural, but the appearance can be evaluated earlier. It would be helpful to know what exact style you have. In some cases, patients do not like the full height implants. Be patient and let everything heal and then discuss with your plastic surgeon if you have concerns.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Implant "drop" depends on placement and type

+1

Implants tend to ride a bit high after surgery under the muscle. However, with textured implants they may not "drop" like smooth walled implants. Follow up closely with your doctor, they still may drop a bit.

You are very early after breast implants

+1

Two weeks out for a significant breast implantation redo is not enough time to judge the outcome. Give it at least a few months to settle in. It might take longer because of the contracture treatment and the lift.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon