Will gum tissue grow back after reconstructive jaw surgery? (photo)

I had reconstructive jaw surgery a month ago. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome so the surgeon had a difficult time restoring blood flow and the gums turned purple. A lot of the tissue has died and the gums receded pretty far. There is still some white tissue that also seems to be dead. I do hyperbaric oxygen treatment 6 days a week but it wasn't started until 2 weeks after surgery. The surgeon is unsure whether or not I'll need gum grafts or if I'll lose the teeth completely and need implants.

Jaw surgeyr

+1
I am sorry about your experience.  These issues could occur with this syndrome.  The chances of gums growing back is slim.  I would wait few weeks for the tissue to settle and then start the gingival grafts. I have to agree with the surgeon that some of the teeth might be lost.

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon