Gum Flap Surgery Only Way?

My dentist and periodontist feel they have to do gum flap surgery to access a crown overhang or possibly cement that is triggering givititis. Is this the only way to get in there obvious they cant get in from the top. Univ of Iowa Top faculty fixed botched cosmetic job on 23 and 24 done in Florida but dentists who was not honest or lets say forcoming about possible medical issues or proecedure of ill advised cosmetics correction as too large.

Gum Flap Surgery to Access Crown Overhang

+1

Unless you want to destroy the crown by removing it, then gum-flap surgery is the only way to reach the overhanging margin to correct it, if possible.

New York Cosmetic Dentist