What is a Guesstimate of Time Needed off Work? Size?

My surgery for breast aug is friday morning .I am currently a small deflated b. 550 saline high profile implants I Am wondering what cup size I will be? My ps stated I could go back to work in 3 days but I have heard a whole week Any ideas?

Time off of work for a breast augmentation

+1

The only activities I would restrict a patient to after a breast augmentation would be not to lift greater than 20 pounds and avoid activities where the breasts bounce up and down for 6 weeks.  As long as you stay in a well fitting bra you should be fine.  YOu also can not drive a car when taking pain medications. Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

Time off work

+1

It depends on the type of work you do.  If you do office work, you may well be able to return to work in three days.  Most patients are off pain meds by then but you may need a few extra days.  Everyone is different.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Recivery is usually pretty quick

+1

Typically patients take about 2-3 days off after the breast augmentation procedure. The recovery is pretty quick and if you have for example a procedure done on Friday you will be able to be at work on Monday as long as it is a office job not requiring heavy lifting. You are not going to feel a 100% by any means. You will still feel some pain and discomfort  at this point Please remember not to drive as long as you are taking narcotic prescription medications that prohibit driving. You will be able to go back to light exercise after about 3 weeks after the procedure.
As far as implants it is great to size them at your surgeon’s office and he/she will be able to tell you what cup size you will be. Every patient has different amount of breast tissue to begin with and by adding 550 cc saline HP the  final size will vary for everyone.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

What cup size and when to return to work?

+1

No one can accurately predict a cup size from implant volume as bra manufacturers do not have a standard they all adhere to.  As for work, everyone heals differently but those with light desk jobs can usually return in a week.  But you have to be off your narcotics in order to return to work.  Some doctors claim their patient can go dancing that night and only need Ibuprofen... I'm a mere mortal and have not been able to find the secret to that recovery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Time Off Work after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Most patients who undergo breast augmentation surgery are “over the hump” 3 to 4 days after the procedure is performed.  I ask my patients to take 5 to 7 days off of work ( desk job). Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities. Remember, that your plastic surgeon knows exactly what was done, how you are progressing ( with or without complications),  knows more precisely what you are planning on doing when it comes to activities, and is ultimately responsible for your care.

In regards to your goals with breast size,  I would suggest that you spend additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals carefully.  I would also suggest that you do not base your communication on achieving a specific cup size, as this type of communication can be a source of confusion…  In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful during this communication process.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery;  hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome.

Time off from work

+1

I usually recommend that people plan for a week off from work after breast augmentation, and longer if they have a physically demanding job.  For most of our patients, with the newer "quick recovery" methods we use, this is plenty.  

At 3 days post-op, you will still be quite swollen - so that might still be a little too early for return to work.

Good luck with your procedure!

Thomas Fiala, MD

What is a Guesstimate of Time Needed off Work?

+1

A lot depends on your job. Many of my patients who work from a desk are back in 3-4 days. Those who do heavy physical work can be out 3 to 6 weeks if there is no light duty. 

As to size, I prefer not to guess cup sizes for my patients. First of all , there are no fixed definitions--I have numerous patients with bras of 3 different cup sizes that fit. Secondly there is some uncertainty and unpredictability. I prefer having patients try on implants to help choose a size rather than use the cup letters as a guide. 

Some surgeons estimate a cup size increase for each 150 to 250 cc of implants (note the uncertainty!). 

All the best.