Trying to Guess my Cup Size?

So I have very small AA boobs and just got implated 425cc silicone high profile. I know I still have a few weeks of healing along with the swelling to go down but I was curious around what cup size I will be. My chest actually looks smaller than I thought it was going to be so Im wondering with starting out extremly small, Im about 5'5 and 135lbs that I may not have gone big enough. Im hoping to be a nice C cup...what do you think? .

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think you will end up being bigger than you think, you have good sized implants in a small frame so dont be shocked if you have D breasts

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.dpraulgill.com

Cup size questions

+1

Cup size will vary with each manufacturer.   Go for a fitting and wear a bra that you feel comfortable in without paying much attention to cup size.  

Bra/Breast Cup Size Discussions Can Be Frustrating For Patients

+1

Pre and postoperative bra cup size is one of the most commonly asked questions when considering breast surgery.  It is a commonly used measurement, but poorly understood.  Most bra experts feel that many women wear the incorrect bra size.  The number associated with your bra size is the circumference of your chest.  It is a fixed number if measured appropriately, but can be adjusted by wearing a larger than appropriate cup size.  Cup side is the projection of the actual breast tissue, or how well the breast fills the cup.  Many women also adjust the cup size, either up or down because they have preconceived notions of where they should or want to be.  If adjustments are incorrectly made, it can lead to a poorly fitting bra that is very uncomfortable or unsupportive.  From a surgical standpoint, the most accurate way of measuring breast cup size is the measure the diameter of the breast accross the nipple while laying flat.  Generally speaking, 7" is an A Cup, 8" is a B Cup, 9" is a C Cup and 10"  is a D Cup.  While this is helpful for the discussion between surgeon and patient, it may not be as helpful for bra shopping.  Some companies vary the actual size of their lettered bra cups in order to help women feel better about their body image.  An example would be companies that "up-size" their bra cups when marketing padded bras.  This also explains why women's bra sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer when shopping.  To add to the confusion, there are also several methods for measuring bra/breast size advocated by different manufacturers.  My typical recommendation to surgical patients is to focus their efforts on determining what they would like their breasts to look like after surgery in terms of size and share a representative photo with your doctor.  This is very helpful in determining how to size implants and if it is appropriate for your breast size and body frame.  Focusing too much on a fixed cup size is like trying to aim at a moving target, it can quickly become frustrating.  It is helpful information but not the "holy grail."  Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.bitarinstitute.com

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and Bra size

+1

Try on some bras and see which fit. I think you will be happy with which bras you fill with that size implant. It may take some time for your skin to stretch to show the size your implants. The size you chose is very popular in my practice. Patients are extremely happy with it.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

Bra size after breast augmentation

+1

The best way to determine cup size is to try on some bras. At a couple weeks after you may still have some swelling. So, it may not be a good idea to purchase too many bras at once. I tell my patients to wait at least 1 month before going bra shopping.

Thanks for the question! Happy shopping!

Cup size after Surgery

+1

Sounds like you are ready to go bra shopping!! Volume has little correlation with cup size. Have fun.

Trying to Guess my Cup Size?

+1

Nettie--

Without a photo it would not make sense to guess a breast size. Your idea of a AA or a C may not match mine, or Nordstroms', or Victoria's Secret's. 

As a rule, for a patient with a 36 band, there will be about a cup size increase for every 200 cc of implant. 

Thanks for your question, and best wishes. With passing time, as your pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the new implants the appearance may seem larger than it does now.