Gauze Left Inside Nose, Now I Have Bump in Same Area

I had my nose narrowed and tip refined. 5 weeks after surgery I discovered gauze still in the right side of my nose which had began to attach to my tissue. No infection and everything fine however I have bump on side and in area where gauze was. Now it's 5 months later and bump is hard and pronounced. My doctor is down playing it but I would like to know what is the relation between the gauze being left there for so long and my bump. Thanks

Bump Adjacent to Gauze Left in Nose

+1

It is impossible to answer your question, but I'm sure your surgeon will correct the bump if necessary. At present, be patient, see if the bump is secondary to swelling, and resolves with normal healing.