Can Family Doctor Remove a Growth?

I Have a Growth About the Size of a Peanut on my Shin Should my Family Dr.remove It? Im a Bit Leary About This, she said I would have a scar about 4inches long and a big dent in my leg. thanks cj

Would not recommend family doctor removing a mass

If you are concerned about the ultimate appearance following surgery including the size and appearance of the scar (which most people are), then I would go to someone well trained to perform this - and that would be a plastic surgeon. The good news for you is that it won't cost you any more (if you have insurance) to have this performed well by a plastic surgeon.

Lesion

4 Inches long scar??????????????

Run away to your  PLASTIC SURGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family doctor to remove large leg lesion?

No disrespect to the family doctor but in no way should they be taking large lesions off an area where there isn't much extra skin and leaving a 4 inch scar that will be very visible.  Unfortunately this is where medicine is going.

Lipoma

I would say some family practitioners could do this safely provided they have enough experience. Problem is you don't know how much experience they have. Probably safer to find a general surgeon or a plastic surgeon to do the procedure.