Growth on Side of Nose That Feels Like Cartilage 10 Years Post-Rhinoplasty

I have a rather large growth on the left side of my nose that feels somewhat like cartilage. I had rhinoplasty surgery done 10 years ago and I had surgery on my sinuses years ago. Is it possible for cartilage to grow back? Is surgery the only way to get rid of the growth?

My nose is growing: No lie!

+1

This could be a displaced cartilage graft or a cyst. You may require a CT scan or MRI for further evaluation. Seek a consultation with your otolaryngologist.

Nasal Growth after Rhinoplasty

+1

Consult with your surgeon or a revision specialist beause I don't know what has caused the growth. After diagnosis, alternative treatments can be discussed.

Growth on nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

This is not normal and you should see your surgeon or another rhinoplasty surgeon to find out what it is and to tell you how to treat it.

Large Bump on Side of Nose Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Sandra, it would be recommended that you consult with a rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty specialist in your area. What you describe might be any number of possibilities - such as cartilage, exuberant scar formation or a cystic type of growth. Depending on what it is, you may or may not need a surgical procedure to properly address the prominence. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Growth on Side of Nose 10 Yeaers After Rhinoplasty

+1
Hi Sandra, You should consult with your surgeon or a rhinoplasty specialist. It is possible that a cyst is growing. It is not cartilage. At any rate it needs to be examined, diagnosed, and treated. Good luck and be well. Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD