I've Grown About a Cup Size and I Don't Know Why. Iota Nice but I'm a Bit Worried.

I'm 24 and have a 4 and 3 year old so I thought I was done growing in that area. I've had no real weight gain. My weight fluctuates but it's never more than 2-3lbs. I'm small so the change has been noticeable. My bras don't fit and are quite uncomfortable at times but I don't want to go buy new ones if this isn't going to last. I've gone from a B to a C for no apparent reason. I'm not on any meds and I know for sure in not pregnant. What is going on and should I be worried?

Changes in breast size

+2

I would consult with your primary care physician to find out what would cause your changes in breast size.  the implants have a fixed size, so any changes would occur due to the breast tissue itself

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast size fluctuations

+1

There are many reasons, usually hormonal, that will account for fluctuations in breast size.  The implants are stable and not the problem. 

Increase in breast size

+1

Dear Beth.  Increased breast size with stable weight typically indicates a change in hormones.  Soy tends to be a common culprit because it contains "phytoestrogens" which means "plant-like estrogens".  Non-organic milk, yoghurt, or other dairy products can also be to blame because the cows are pumped full of hormones to produce more milk and make them grow.  Birth controls pills or I.U.D.'s also contain estrogen.  Whatever the cause, you should consult with a primary care physician to sort things out.  Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Changes in breast size can happen for a number of reasons

+1

There are many reasons why a lady's breasts size can increase, and some of them may be temporary and reversible, and some of them may be permanent.  The one thing that is certain is that it is not your breast implants that are enlarging, thus it must be your own body's tissues that are changing.  It would be very difficult to speculate whether this was due to some hormonal influence, or weight change, or something else at this point.  The fact that it seems to involve both breasts equally makes it seem like there is something systemic going on as opposed to something affecting the anatomy of only one breast.  Therefore, I think it would be best for you to check with your primary physician or your OB/GYN doctor to have a more thorough evaluation.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Concerns about Change in Breast Size?

+1

Given your concerns, best to be seen by your primary care physician.  The practice of good medicine would dictate at least a history and physical prior to advising you and/or providing false reassurance.