Growing Bone Back After Periodontal Disease?

I have just finished my 2nd visit for periodontal disease after scraping the bacteria away. Im not wondering is there anything I can do to help grow the bone back and promote my gums to form again? My two lower front teeth now have huge gaps between them.

Growing back bone & Periodontal Treatments

+2

It is great that you got your deep cleaning which will help you arrest the disease process.  Unfortunately, bone and gums don't grow back.  Occasionally in some instances you may be able to get a bone graft or a gum graft.  However, black triangles between teeth cannot be grafted, but in some instances can be filled in with the help of restorative dentistry (crowns, veneers, fillings). A Board Certified Periodontist will be the best reference for you on whether you are a candidate.

Dr. Aalam 

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

New Bone Growth

+2

Yes you can. You would need and bone graft and skin graft. The amount/extent you need will be based on your periodontists evaluation of your current amount of bone and gingival recession.

Natick Cosmetic Dentist

Can I grow bone back?

+2

The short answer is yes but without radiograph and clinical exam you may not get as much bone as you hope for You will never get any more bone height than the level of the adjacent teeth good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD       CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Growing back lost bone

+2

Sounds like you have two concerns - I will answer them separately:

1) Growing back lost bone:  The only documented way to grow bone back is thru the use of a laser procedure called LANAP (or some other variation.)    Since I don't believe that or similar procedure has been done, you can count on some re-attachment of the tissue and on healthier gums. 

2) The gaps between your front teeth: The good news is that these gaps are in your lower teeth, so hopefully they are not too visible in your smile.  And they are relatively easy to keep clean using some type of inter-prox brush or a waterpik.  Depending on the situation, a tissue graft, or injection of a derma filler into the gum might make the gaps less pronounced.  Another option may be to place bonding on the teeth so they can be a touch wider, thereby closing some of the gaps.  These are highly specialized situations though and I would not want to get your hopes up.

Glad to hear you've made the necessary first step to begin keeping periodontal disease in check.

Portland Cosmetic Dentist