Grinding Two Front Teeth?

Over the last year as my wisdom teeth have come out I've been grinding my two front teeth most the time without noticing when working. One of them have grind back a noticeable amount and has a opaque fine crack from bottom to top which causes mild irritation. Do I need to see a dentist about this and how do I fix the unevenness now present as a result along my two front teeth.

Get exam with Dentist ASAP

+2

You need to get in touch with your dentist to find the problem and treatment options.  It could be as simple as adding white filling to veneers or crowns with night guard to prevent further damage from grinding.

Frisco Cosmetic Dentist

Please see a qualified professional

+1

Please do visit a qualified professional. There are several options such as veneers, bonding, etc.

Vimal Patel, DDS
Dallas Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, you need to see a dentist about this.

+1

You may even need to see an orthodontist or an Invisalign dentist.  Excessive wear of the front teeth or any teeth for that matter is usually caused by malocclusion - the teeth are positioned incorrectly in the jaw.  This can usually be treated with braces or Invisalign but in some cases requires a surgical procedure in addition.  The damage that has been done to your teeth may be easily repaired with bonding or it may require a more permanent solution such as a crown or veneer.  In some cases, the malocclusion can be treated with a full set of porcelain crowns, termed "instant orthodontics".

Hank D. Michael, DMD - Sarasota Cosmetic Dentist

Hank D. Michael, DMD
Sarasota Cosmetic Dentist

Grinding two front teeth and vertical crack/line in one

+1

Hi Lynold... I think you need to see your dentist as soon as possible. When your wisdom teeth came in, your bite shifted.  Grinding teeth happens when you are under stress or at night and your teeth are trying to work out the problem....sounds silly, but true.  Bites shift from time to time because of an extraction or, TMJ or invisalign causing the teeth to shift and sometimes your bite.. Your dentist can check first for this and then look at the line in your tooth that is causing you discomfort.  That could be a crack from the constant stress and you need to take care of this right away. You need a bite guard to protect your teeth but first find out the cause before you start tooking for the solution. I would stay away from veneers etc.for correction . You will just grind your veneers down like you did your natural teeth....Good luck!

George Koutsoukos, DDS
Valencia Cosmetic Dentist