Grid Marks on Forehead After Fraxel Treatment

I had Fraxel Laser two days ago. I'm seeing the normal post-procedure conditions, but I'm worried about the grid-like pattern on my forehead. When will this fade, and what can I do about it?

Grid Marks Two Days After Fraxel

+1

Hi Perm,

Time should take care of the pattern. Be patient as there is not much to do, but it should quickly fade. Follow your treating physician's instructions, and keep your skin well moisturized and sun block protected.

Did you have Fraxel by Reliant or another laser company's fractionated laser? If Fraxel, was it re:pair, re:store, or re:fine?

Fraxel by Reliant is the only laser technology that is applied to the patient's skin in a continuous rolling motion similar to a wall paper roller. All other laser technologies on the market use a "stamping" application. The stamping pattern has a higher incidence of noticeable "grid patterns".

We now use a 50% overlap technique when applying Fraxel laser and have found that problems like yours have disappeared. Good luck and be well, enjoy your new fresh skin.

Dr. P

Let it resolve on its own

+1

Grid marks after either Fraxel re:store or re:pair are common and temporary. The grid marks represent the movement of the handpiece during the treatment and are completely normal. You are in the very early stages of recovery after just two days. Usually at this point after re:store, your swelling and redness is diminishing and you will start peeling for another couple days. The grida marks should fade within the next week.

Min S. Ahn, MD
Westborough Facial Plastic Surgeon