Normal To Have a Grid-like Dark Brown Lines Across my Forehead After IPL? How Long Will This Last?

I had my first IPl treatment yesterday for multiple hyperpigmented sunspots on my face. I did my research and selected an experienced dermatologist office. The results were as expected right after the procedure (mild pain during procedure, burning sensation for a few hours, and then darkening of the hyperpigmented areas with the coffee grind look). However- I also have a dark brown grid-like appearance on my forehead? Will this resolve? When and how can I speed this along?

You will need additional treatments to get a uniform smooth result.

You will need additional treatments to get a uniform smooth result.  It is not always possible to get an even result after one treatment especially if you have a lot of pigment spots.  You would be able to have a second treatment within a few weeks and this will even out  the results.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

440 West 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101

IPL Best Results

The grid pattern is typically the shape of the laser head.   This should subside as you heal from the IPL but I agree you should consider repeating your treatments to get even results.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

5000 W. 95th
Prairie Village , KS 66207