Implant Size and Profile Suggestions for Desired End Results in my BL+A? (photo)

I am 5'7", 148lbs. Left breast from collar bone to nipple is 29, Rt 31, areola 11.The width of space on my chest wall per breast is 14. I currently wear a 34/36 D/DD depending on the bra, even though they are deflated. I want high, round FAKE looking breasts, but not overly huge. Doctor is trying to convince me to go to "D" cup, but that is smaller than I have been my whole life. Trying to decide on implant size.Please help! I want to be a FULL 34/36 DD. Also, profile? I want them to look fake.

Implants

+1

You have ptosis and need a lift. The high profile or ultra high profile implants are best for this fake look.

High and Tight Look Possible for Droopy Breasts

+1

The size of the implant can be left up to you and the board certified plastic surgeon of your choosing.  A high and tight look can be achieved in droopy breasts with a full breast lift, if enough skin is taken out.

How to achieve the "fake" look with breast augmentation.

+1

Every now and again, we do see patients who wish to have a "fake" look to their breasts. The use of higher profile or even ultra high profile implants will provide that over-projected look with a rounded appearance to the breasts. In the photos you provided, a lift is also necessary in elevate the nipples in relation to the implant position. However, care must be taken when placing over-sized implants at the time of a breast lift! Significant issues such as nipple necrosis can occur. Although most augmentation mastopexies are safe, when the goal is to use much larger and more projecting implants, this puts much more pressure on the breasts. A safe recommendation is to stage the operation. Perform a breast lift first then an augmentation a few months later. This corrects the nipple position safely, allows for a more predictable implant choice when sizing, and lowers your complication rate after the augmentation. It is important to also be aware that over-sized implants lead to long-term issues such as malposition, synmastia, and breast distortion.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Pocket disscetion and placement of the implant is more important than size or profile

+1

It is not a technically easy operation to give you the look you want and have it last - I would suggest looking at before and afters for whichever surgeon you choose - and the afters should be years, not months later.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Determining Implant Size

+1

By far the best way in my opinion to determine the implant size that will give you the figure you want is to try the implants on in the surgeons office.  Cup size can differ by manufacturer and while your surgeon may select an implant size that creates a certain cup size it still may not create the look that you want.  By trying the implants on in the office in your own clothes beforehand, you can go into the surgery with confidence that your post-operative size will be exactly what you want.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Implant Size and Profile Suggestions for Desired End Results

+1

From viewing your photos, your main problem is not only loss of volume, but sagging. Both of these issues should be addressed with your surgery. If the nipple is below the crease under your breast, an uplift is recommended. Yours look a bit lower. Therefore, you should have both an uplift and implants.

You mentioned that you want them to look fake, so the size is entirely up to you. I suggest you have your surgeon place sizers on your chest under a bra and T-shirt and then you can decide the size that meets your goals.

Regarding shape, you will require high profile implants as your chest is too small for a wider profile, particularly with larger size implants.

Remember that larger implants weigh more, and you already have a loss of elasticity indicated by your sagging. With more weight, you will sag sooner and more even after an uplift. There is no muscle in a breast to help hold them up, and skin is not a good supporting structure.

If you have the implants placed under the muscle, the breast can sag over the muscle according to how heavy they are, and that looks really bad. My suggestion is to use the smallest size that you can be happy with and you will be happy longer.

Good luck.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation and mastopexy

+1

to get the best result for you consider a staged lift followed by an implant

i usually do this in one opertion but considering your sagging.  i would tighten first ,,  see how much volume you still need and where.   and re tighten at the second stage .

Suggestions for lift and augmentation

+1

First of all make sure you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon. Make sure he has experience in simultaneous lifts and augmentations. You may wear a D-DD bra but in my opinion you are in the C cup range.  It is very important that you and your PS come to an agreement of your current cup size as a baseline.  This will allow the PS to better visualize your goal.  Good luck!

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant Sizing

+1

Your plastic surgeon at the consult should have given some idea of size.  Size in your case is tricky.  You should have a good volume implant but not so big that the surgeon can close the incisions of the breast lift.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS