How to Achieve Fake Look Without HUGE Implants/breasts? (photo)

Getting anchor lift plus implants 12/17. I am 5'7", 148lbs. I would like the "round, obviously augmented". 34D naturally EXTREMELY deflated. I don't have enough tissue for subglandular, so they will be sub muscular. Breast diameter is 14cm. Collarbone to nipple 29cm and 31cm. I want round, with extreme upper pole. By "fake" I mean, I would like the upper pole to be very round - I do not mean BIG. I've been told overfilled saline will give me this appearance. Is this possible with 250-350cc?

Fake look after lift and augmentation

+2

Thank you for your question and providing a photograph.  First I would like to address the fact that no one type of breast lift is substantially better at lifting a large breast.  So, a vertical lift will not give you a fake look any better than an anchor scar lift.  In fact, if you look at the real difference between the anchor and vertical lifts, you will see that the anchor has three advantages: it allows the surgeon to remove more skin than a vertical lift, it allows the surgeon to remove skin where it needs to be removed, and it allows the surgeon to remove breast tissue more easily if necessary. A photo analysis study conducted by Eric Swanson, M.D. published in the PRS journal earlier this year showed that the anchor lift maintained better shape in the lower breast, where it is most important.

The key to achieving a fake look is found in the lift, but instead by looking at the ratio of implant volume to total breast volume after augmentation.  The greater the percentage of implant volume is to the final/total breast volume (or the smaller the percentage of your natural breast tissue volume), the more likely your breast will look like the implant, or fake.  Excessively large implants are not necessary to achieve your goal.

Given this information, I would agree with Drs. Pousti and Lynam that a breast reduction in addition to a lift is an important part of the plan.  Their recommendations for staging the procedure is a safe one.  First reducing and lifting the breast is performed. A second operation to place implants a few months later would then complete the job.  If this were to be the plan for you, I would make two suggestions: 1. Allow the surgeon to take as much breast tissue as possible to make your breasts as small and tight as possible.  2. Allow the surgeon to make any adjustments necessary to the breast lift/reduction during the augmentation surgery to get the best, most symmetrical result.

An alternative solution is a combined procedure of breast lift, reduction, and augmentation simultaneously.  This is the most complex primary cosmetic breast surgery possible, and has the highest rate of complications nationally. Many surgeons do not perform this, and those that do are highly regarded and experienced surgeons, who perform this surgery regularly.  In your area, there are a number of good surgeons in Atlanta, there is also Dr. Maxwell in Nashville, and Dr. Spear in D.C.  I personally prefer performing this type of surgery in one stage. 

Regardless your decision, be sure that the surgeon you chose is certified by the ABPS, and is a member of the ASAPS.  These are the minimum requirements, so your surgeon should also be a specialist in cosmetic breast surgery too.

Implant size

+1
Because you are already a 34D, you do not need large implants to achieve a full look.  A 250cc implant will give you substantial upper pole fullness. The breast tissue now drooping will be moved on top of the implant.

David Stoker, MD

Breast Lift and Implants to Create High and Tight Look

+1

I actually get this one alot.  A full breast lift and implants the size of your choosing can produce the high and tight look if the breast lift removes enough skin.  This will settle over time, and skin always stretches.

Achieving a "round/fake" look without large implants.

+1

Round and fake are synonomous with high profile, over sized implants. With an anchor lift at the same time, it is possible to reorient the breast tissue over a high profile, smaller implant and give a very full upper pole. This allows for the use of a smaller implant but creating a very full appearance. However, over time, the tissues will relax and this "fake" look will likely settle out.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

December 17... you've already had your surgery

+1

and I hope its working out to what you desired.  Lifts alone do not produce the look you posted.  I hope you showed this to your surgeon so he/she could better determine if they could deliver what you were seeking.  After the fact, if you were desiring that look and was accepting of all of the risks including LESS native breast tissue, I would have presented the option of a reduction to remove native tissue and let your implant give you the look you desired.  However, once you chose this, you cannot go back should you tire of the fake look.  Regardless, I am assuming you will have an improvement over where you started from.  Wishing you the best during your recovery as today is the 19th.

Curtis Wong, MD

Upper pole fullness in breasts

+1

choose an implant appropriate for your diameter.  check with your plastic surgeon.  upper pole fullness will relax with time as the tissues stretch.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast lift

+1

I would recommend that you undergo a vertical lift with an implant.  The size range you mention seems appropriate and should give you the upper pole fullness you desire. But the implants can drop over time and you Amy lose that upper pole fullness eventually regardless of the size implants used.  but I still think you are a good candidate for the procedure.  Unfortunately, we cannot always control all variables, such as re-stretching of your skin.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Height/Width of Implant is most important feature.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question. 

If you would like a fullness and roundness to the upper part of the breast, the most important characteristic is the height and width of the implant.  Select an implant that is equal to the ideal breast width of your chest minus the thickness of your tissue.  This will give you a nice round contour to the top of the breast.  If you are not look for big cup size, do not pick a high profile implant. I would suggest the opposite.  A moderate profile implant will be wide and tall enough to give you the shape you want without giving you the size you don't want.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Lift plus implants

+1

I agree with my colleagues that recommend a staged plan. I think it is easier to get the results you want that way. I would recommend the lift first and either anchor or lollipop can work well. Trust your surgeon to know what he or she feels will be best for you. And then when your tissues have settled down and you know how big you are and where your nipple is positioned, you are in a better position to choose the size and shape implant that will give you the results you want. Good luck to you and congratulations on doing your homework before your surgery.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Rounded upper pole fullness from a breast augmentation / lift

+1

You are correct that you need a major breast lift with a breast augmentation to achieve your desired result. With a sternal notch distance to the nipple at greater than 30 cm the most commonly performed breast lift would be an anchor type.  I like to think of this operation as a breast lift first and a breast augmentation second.  Once a good breast shape has been achieved then a breast implant can be placed.   You are correct that an overfilled saline filled implant will give a more rounder, but firmer, appearance to the superior quadrant of the breast.  With you base diameter of 14 cm you will need at least a 350 cc implant.