What is a Greenstick Infracture?

I recently had rhinoplasty performed to reduce the width of my nose the side bones were moved in (greenstick infracture was performed). Just wondering what this is and if it can be reversed as my nose is now too thin. Also wondering is any bone taken out when this procudure is performed? Thanks

Greenstick Fracture During Rhinoplasty

+2

A greenstick fracture implies that an incomplete fracture was made across your nasal bones. In some rhinoplasty procedures where you only want the bone to move inward slightly, a greenstick fracture is performed. If you want the bone to move in further, then a complete fracture is usually done. It is possible in some cases to reverse this type of change. Usually there is no bone removed during this type of maneuver. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

"Greenstick" Fracture

+1

A  "greenstick"  fracture refers to an incomplete fracture of the nasal bones when osteotomies are performed. If a bony hump was removed during the original operation, grafts will be necessary to avoid an open, wide bridge when the bones are repositioned. Otherwise, the bones can be moved by repeating the osteotomies.