What Correction Options Do You Recommend? (photo)

Four weeks ago, I received Restylane injections under my eyes. The procedure was performed by a board certified ocular plastic surgeon. I am concerned with the results. I am outside the average healing period for swelling and bruising. I have an appointment with the provider on Monday and would appreciate feedback on appropriate questions to ask. in addition, what options for improvement are recommended or available? Ii certainly never expected to look like this!

Eyes and fillers

+2

It is always good to see pre treatment photos.  Restylane or other filles can soften the lid-cheek junction but it can not camouflage herniated fat and loose skin.

Correction options for fillers

+2

I agree that it's a bit hard to comment without having seen before pictures. So that aside, I would recommend an additional syringe most likely, as well as some some Vitrase to dissolve some of the overfilled areas, thus evening things out.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Correction of Restylane injections under eyes

+2

Before pictures would be helpful in advising you, but it appears that there may be one of two options to improve the results from the Restylane injection under your eyes.  One would be using more Restylane to even things out, the other would be dissolving some of the restylane to even things out.  It's even possible that a combination of both might be helpful.  Since you have a return appointment next week, I would discuss your concerns with your physician and see what options are offered.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane in Tear Troughs - Poor Contours

+1

Restylane to the tear troughs works well for patients who do not have herniation of lower eyelid fat pads and lack malar bags.  A multimodal approach including surgery and fat grafting may be more appropriate in some patients. 

Restylane and under eye treatment

+1

It's very difficult to determine what the area looked like prior to treatment - I would consider posting one or two to view the before and after. Following up with your provider is your best bet to help assess the area and give you options to help improve the looks of the area you had treated.

Sam Naficy, MD

Peri-ocular Restylane Treatment is Specialized

+1

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry that your recovery has not been uneventful.  It would be helpful to see your preop photos.  Your cheek region is fairly flat in the current photos.  This anatomical finding usually predisposes patients to premature aging of the lower eyelids including herniation of fat and a lower lid cheek junction.   This can be camouflaged with restylane, but correction requires surgery.  You have two options.  The first is to dissolve the restylane with hyaluronidase and go back to your baseline.  The other option is to add additional filler to the midface region to further support the lid cheek junction.  This in combination with touch up restylane deep in the peri-ocular region should help.  Good luck with your treatment.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Before pictures would help

+1

You have bags under the eye and it would be expecting too much from fillers to correct this. You would need to have lower blepharoplasty and fat grafting to get the optimal result. Please review your before pictures with your surgeon. The other option is to use Wydase to revise the filler. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon