Brow Lift Via Botox Created Furrows in My Forehead But I Love the Results? What Can I Do?

Wrinkles in forehead after Botox brow lift.

+3

When the muscles that depresst the lateral and midbrow are relaxed, it allows the forehead muscles to be more active, thus pulling the brow up.  This often results in a pleating of the forehead muscles over the lateral brow.  Often this can be corrected by injecting a very small amount of Botox into the area of pleating in order to relax that muscle just enough to eliminate the pleat. 

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and forehead lines

+1

I agree with the other answers about going back to your injecter and showing  him or her the problem. Some furrowing laterally is often necessary to give you a brow lift. I will sometimes use a little more botox in that furrowed area a week or two after the initial injection, or try a dilute juvaderm filler if I am too worried about lowering the brow. Terry Cromwell M.D.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Lines above the eyebrows after Botox injection

+1

LInes that appear above the eyebrows after Botox injections can be tricky.  Treatment options involve careful use of Botox or other botulinum toxins (too high a dose will smooth the lines but cause the eyebrows to droop) or injection of a small amount of an HA filler such as Restylane, Juvederm, or Belotero into the lines.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Browlift and Forehead Lines

+1

This is a great question. There is a fine balance in the doses used for the Botox browlift and forehead lines. If you like the effect of the browlift laterally, but are having a little bit of extra wrinkling above this area, a very small dose (2 or 3 units) of botox to the lateral forehead can relax this muscle. A higher dose, however, may result in the brow falling, which is not desirable. I would contact your provider to inquire about this touch up treatment. In my practice, I do these free of charge. Best of luck.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and lift

+1

Sounds like you need to return to your provider and have them take a look. You may just need treatment in your forehead to help settle down those furrows.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox and forehead furrows

+1

A tiny amount of Botox for your forehead may help.  You should return to your doctor to see if he can adjust it to your liking.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Forehead furrows

+1

The options for correcting your forehead furrows depend on the location of your furrows. If there are 1 or 2 horizontal furrows above your eyebrow, hyaluronic acid fillers can help soften these lines. If the horizontal furrows are on your upper forehead, a small amount of additional Botox in the frontalis forehead muscle can help soften (but not erase) these lines without dropping your eyebrow.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Brow Lift Via Botox Created Furrows in My Forehead But I Love the Results? What Can I Do

+1

Unfortunately, the brow lift is created by inducing the forehead muscles to contract.  See your injector and sometimes a happy medium can be achieved.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox browlift furrow

+1

This is a common problem with some people that get botox.  Nice thing after you have botox you learn what you like and don't like so much.  When this occurs on clients I offer them 3 units 2/3's the way up on that lift-line in the lateral forehead.  This gives you the ability to keep some of the desired lift that is sought, but softens the furrow greatly if not removed completely.

Adam Stibich, MD
Hot Springs National Park Dermatologist

Furrows after Botox "brow lift"

+1

I agree with Dr. Swengel. There is a fine line between getting the brows where  they want to be and having or not having a little crease. Sometimes there might some trade off involved in trying to get rid of that line as brow might drop slightly. Everyone is a little different

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist