How I can achieve a more refined and feminine nose tip as mine appears round and bulbous? (photos)

I particularly notice the broadness of my nose when I grin or smile. From what I understand I have thin skin. I was wondering if a cartilage graft would be appropriate for me (is this a permanent procedure?)

Bulbous nasal tip with a wide nose and rhinoplasty

+2
You need nasal tip refinement and narrowing of your nose to achieve your goals.
Grafts will make it worse and you should totally discount that thought.  
Delicacy requires reduction of cartilage bulk.  Grafts increase the bulk. Thus grafts are not for you. 

Cartilage Graft for Round and Bulbous Nasal Tip

+2
Your round and bulbous tip can be refined and made more feminine. The contour of the tip cartilages can be changed and the volume reduced. A cartilage graft will be necessary to maintain the new shape only if the existing cartilages are soft and pliable, needing added structure and support.

Rhinoplasty for wide bulbous tip correction with cartilage graft

+1
Thanks for your question and photos.
Rhinoplasty is commonly used to correct wide bulbous nasal tip.
The extra width and bulbosity of the nose is typically the result of excess cartilage, wide cartilages or weak and malpositioned lower lateral cartilages of the nose.
A tip rhinoplasty alone or a full rhinoplasty can correct the problem by artistically reducing the size of hte tip cartilages, narrowing them, using sutures and cartilage grafts with good outcome.
The key is to create a nose that fits your face, looks beautiful and is natural looking.
Best wishes

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Options to reduce bubous tip and make a more feminine nose

+1
There are a number of techniques available to refine and feminimze your nose. A lot depends on your anatomy which is obviously hard to assess using just photos, but tip refinement involves reorienting the fullness and convexity of your tip cartilages. Cartilage grafting may be helpful, but it depends on the situation. . You can read more about bulbous nose rhinoplasty (and see before and after photos) at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

How I can achieve a more refined and feminine nose tip as mine appears round and bulbous?

+1
You can achieve a more refined/feminine nose with a rhinoplasty and tipplasty.  The goal for these procedures would be to reduce and refine the nose.

Full rhinoplasty versus tip rhinoplasty for bulbous tip reduction

+1
 The bulbous tip is narrowed with a combination of suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages, and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal.  Cartilage grafting can also be placed on top of the tip to give added projection, when necessary. Cartilage grafting procedures are permanently placed in the nose. 

+1
Recommend a few IN PERSON consultations to obtain exact operative plans. My over the internet guess is a rhinoplasty. As for the need of cartilage grafts- not sure... 

+1
The areas you are concerned about are frequently improved with a natural appearing artistically performed tip rhinoplasty or a full rhinoplasty, through either a closed or open approach. The procedure and if you would benefit from a tip cartilage graft would depend on your anatomy and desired outcome. Whether you should have the procedure is a personal decision only you can make. Additional information about the procedure which can be obtained at a consultation will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How to Achieve a MOre Feminine Nose or Nasal Tip.

+1
It is a big step to consider surgery for your nose. To make your nose smaller, less bulbous and more feminine or “cute” it is likely that you will need a tip rhinoplasty and possibly a full rhinoplasty depending upon your goals. These are wonderful procedures with a very high satisfaction rating that when matched to your desires can give great results.

Cartilage grafts are sometimes used as a part of these procedures and are used to get the results you are looking for: a more feminine tip.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

+1
The tip and bridge can be narrowed to give you a more refined nose through a closed approach with less downtime and scars that are hidden within the nose.