Green Liquid Drainage After Implant Removal?

I had my right implant removed due to an infection. I am on Amox but I have noticed the liquid in the drain tube is dark green it this normal?

Green Drainage after Implant Removal

+1

Green drainage after implant removal should be shown to the plastic surgeon, and the patient should continue to be monitored for resolution of infection.  Once the implant has been removed and the infection has been adequately treated, implant replacement can be contemplated in 3 to 6 months.

Implant infection and removal

+1

Sorry to hear bout your infection. Green fluid in the drain is probably not good. I would follow closely with your surgeon.

Breast Implant Removal after Infection?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. Hopefully, you are being followed closely by your plastic surgeon who is the best position to advise you about the drain output. This close follow-up is very important, especially if you have any ongoing signs of infection such as fevers, chills, redness on the skin…

Drainage after Breast Implant Removal for Infection

+1

Drains are usually placed after implant removal for infection. The nature of what comes out can vary from clear straw color (like blister fluid) to red (blood) to cloudy. The best thing for you to do is call your plastic surgeon and ask them. They may need to see you to check this out. 

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon