Green, Red, Yellow Discharge Normal 1 Week Post Breast Aug/Lift?

I had surgery a week ago today(breast agumentation and lift on one side) I had some blood and a lil yellow fluid I went to see my doctor 3days ago he said no sign of infection but lastnight I removed gauze so i can clean it with Dial soap there was red yellow and a bright Green fluid on the guaze Imfreaking out should I worry is this infected..what is the worst that can happpen when you have this coming from your nipple where the stitches r only sorness and a lil prickle feeling from stitch HELP

Drainage from Incision Line after Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy?

+3

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. Considering that you have additional drainage since your last visit with your plastic surgeon, it will be best for you to follow up with him for direct examination. This examination will allow for accurate diagnosis and treatment. Online consultants cannot provide this to you.

Most likely the drainage is related to a superficial/localize stitch problem and will likely be self resolving (plus or minus anti biotic treatment). Again, only your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with a  meaningful diagnosis/reassurance.

You should re-see your plastic surgeon as you may have either a superficial or deep infection

+1

Just to be safe, I would recommend that you see you plastic surgeon again since drainage one week after a breast augmentation may be indicative of infection.  The infection may be superficial or deep and sometimes early on in the infection there is not a lot of other signs of infection such as redness.  You plastic surgeon may want to place you on antibiotics and keep a close eye on you.  If there is an infection going back to surgery for washout, implant replacement, and a drain may be needed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Yellow Greenish Discharge 1 Week After Breast Augmentation

+1

Without physical examination it is not possible to provide you with an accurate diagnosis but with what you have described I would advise you to have your surgeon check your incision out to rule out the possibility of an infection.

It is important to stay infection free as you recover to assume the best results possible with the minimal scarring.

Thank you for your inquiry and best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Fluid discharge after augmentation

+1

Hi, it is normal to see a small amount of bloody fluid come out of the incisions the first few days but if the fluid is green/yellow i would call your doctor and schedule an appointment so that he can assess the problem and to make sure you do not have an infection.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Discharge after Breast Augmentation

+1

As others have mentioned, this could be a sign of infection. You need to be examined in person. You should contact your PS and get in to see him or her. Occasionally a superficial stitch abscess could present like this, but you don't want to leave it to chance.

Sarah E. Hagarty
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Discharge after breast augmentation with lift

+1

A small amount of discharge is not unusual after surgery.  However, if the discharge is yellow or green, I would be a little bit more concerned.  Also, are you having any redness around the incision or are you having more pain around the area?  If you have any question or concern, you should contact your plastic surgeon so that she/he can examin you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Hello

+1

After surgery if your seeing green that is a sign of an infection, if you a have fever and green discharge i would go see your PS and get your self checked out. If you PS has checked you out and he said there is no infection you should feel good, but if things have changed from the last time you saw him. I would go back to have him recheck you again.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Incison line fluid

+1

It is not uncommon to have some fluid at the incision lines.  It is difficult to say whether this is "nothing" or "something" without an exam. It is best to ask your surgeon.

Discharge Normal 1 Week Post Breast Aug/Lift?

+1

Discharge from an incision after breast augmentation or lift can be cause for concern, and should be followed up with a phone call to your doctor's office and close follow-up thereafter. It is common to have a small amount of superficial discharge in the first week, which usually resolves with daily gentle cleansing and antibiotic ointment.  However, any changes that you notice like this must be examined in person by your doctor, to be sure you get the right treatment, and a great result from your surgery.

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Discharge after surgery

+1

I too,l like my colleagues who have answered, am concerned about your discharge increasing since you last saw your plastic surgeon.  Please be in touch with your surgeon.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD