How Great Are the Risks of Hialuronic/hialucorp Injections in Butt Augmentation?

There is a clinic in Colombia, called Nova (www.clinicanova.com.co), and there I am planning on doing my butt augmentation in November. The injections are Hialuronico or Hialucorp. I have tried searching online, but I don' t understand much. I REALLY want bigger buttocks, but not if I am going to die at the procedure or 5-10 year after with complications. Please, tell me if this is okay, and what the risks are and if they are big enough to not do it. I really want my butt enlarged.

Steer clear of non-medical-grade fillers

+2

In short, yes, the risks are big enough to not do it. As the other surgeons have pointed out, synthetic fillers are never a good idea for butt augmentations, let alone fillers that are not medical grade!

If you really want bigger buttocks, consider a Brazilian Butt Lift, a butt augmentation procedure that uses your own fat tissue. First, fat is liposuctioned from selected areas of your body. The fat suctioned from these areas is then carefully processed and purified such that only a fraction of the donor fat removed will qualify for re-injection to the buttocks.

An additional benefit of this fat injection method is that you not only get a more shapely buttock, but the area liposuctioned is now much leaner, too. The combination of liposuction and fat injections produces the most attractive and natural profile. The Brazilian Butt Lift is not only an enhancement of the buttocks (butt augmentation), but it also results in a total resculpting of the hips, flanks, and waist.

Buttock Augmentation with "Fillers"

+2

The general rule of thumb for buttock augmentation with "fillers" is - Don't Do It!  You never know if you are getting a real medical grade filler injected because to do so is usually cost prohibitive.  In other words, it usually takes at least 150 cc's of material [whether it be your own fat, semi-solid (not gel or liquid) silicone implant, or fillers such as hyaluronic acid] per buttock to produce any significant augmentation.  Therefore, at a very minimum cost of $400 per cc of a filler, it would cost the patient at least $120,000!  So after doing the math you can see that is is unlikely that the "surgeon" offering to do the augmentation with "hyaluronic-whatever" is using the real thing.  The only safe and proven effective means are either Fat Transfer/Grafting or even more reliable long term is buttock implants.  Best of luck...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Butt injections

+2

I have no idea what is hylacorp.

What is being injected into the buttock these days are illegal and not medically approved and causes much problems. Silicone from the hardware store is being injected and causes much problems that is very difficult to correct, if not impossible without removing your butt skin and fat.

The only procedure available and medicaly approved

1: fat transfer

2: dermis fat graft

3 butoock implants.