Need a Great Doctor Who Can Help with my Breast. One is Bigger Than the Other, Reducing the Size of Areolas? (photo)

i am looking forward to breast augmentation but i want a great doctor who has experience dealing with people who have a larger breast than the other ..i really want this problem fixed also i feel my areolas are to big i was wondering if those can be reduced as well please help.. im having trouble finding the rite doctor for me who can help with my problem..

There are plenty of great doctors

+1

who can help you achieve your goals.  Starting with properly trained and boarded physicians is important. You do have considerable asymmetries and a mild tuberous type breast that will require additional interventions as well as a prolonged recovery that will require patience.  Perfection would be very difficult to achieve so you must temper your expectations and work with your chosen surgeon to help you get what you want. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

Different breast size and shape is more common than most women realize. Your breasts are a little different but not by a large amount. Most plastic surgeons do a lot of breast surgery because it is common so any reputable plastic surgeon is going to have experience with breasts like you have. I think the best thing for you to do is to visit with 2 or 3 plastic surgeons in your area and go with the one that you feel most comfortable with.

Brett Edward Lehocky, MD
Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for breast asymmetry and areola reduction

+1

Breast asymmetry is a common problem which can be corrected with breast augmentation.  I would suggest trying on different size breast implants in a bra (larger implant on your smaller breast) to help determine what size and shape implant will be best in your case.  The areolas can also be reduced at the same procedure.  I would suggest you seek out a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of  Plastic Surgery and who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry, large areolae

+1

You have constricted breasts...large areolae, a short distance from the areola to the inframammary crease, narrow based breasts with a wide distance between them, and a tight rather than rounded lower pole of the breast.  You would benefit from a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience dealing with constricted breasts.  You will need implant augmentation to fill out your breasts but with specific techniques to lower your inframammary folds and release the constricted lower poles so that they will expand and round out under the weight of the implants.  If you want your areolae smaller, a periareolar (circular) breast lift will be needed and should offer a good correction.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast augmentation, Areola reduction, asymmetry

+1

There are many board certified plastic surgeons that can help you achieve the look you want.  I am one of them.  Look for a plastic surgeon with at least 20 years of operating experience.  Look for a plastic surgeon with excellent patient reviews.  Travel to Tampa like many of my patients do so I may assist you to get the look you want.

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Your posted photos show severe breast asymmetry with the nipples at different relative levels, the left areola significantly larger than the right, herniation of breast tissue into the right nipple areola complex, different shaped breasts etc. Your concerns regarding finding a surgeon are valid. Clearly you will never be perfectly symmetric no matter what surgery is done or who the surgeon is and just putting in implants without any surgery on the breasts themselves will not rectify the asymmetry. Barrel stave cuts in the lower halves of the breasts will allow the breasts to spread more evenly around the implants and help reduce the breast herniation on the right. Areola reduction can be tricky in the face of breast augmentation because the implants place stretching forces upon the areolae.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Hello

+1

To start you’re not the only woman that has this problem in general most women are asymmetrical all their life’s and not noticed. There are options to fix your problem you can get saline implants to help with asymmetrical breast and filling one breast more than the other to help get you as symmetrical as possible. Getting Silicone the same can be done you can use different size implants to help your situation. To help with your areolas you can get an areola reduction at the same time. You should see A Certified Plastic Surgeon to help you achieve your goals.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Areolar Reduction for Asymmetric Breasts

+1

Dear kidcia,

Breast asymmetry is a very common problem. It appears from your photos that you may be a good candidate for breast augmentation with areolar reduction to enhance the size and symmetry of your breasts. It is important to have realistic expectations and to understand that your asymmetry can be improved but not completely eliminated.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Breast Asymmetry

+1

It seems that you have a mild form of what is called tuberous breast on one side in which the base of the breast is narrow and the areaola is enlarged with some herniation of the breast tissue.  I emphasize that you only have a mild form of this and not the typical findings.  You are a good candidate for breast augmentation with a periareolar lift to correct the asymmetry of the areolas as well as the breast mounds. 

Ramin Behmand, MD

Asymmetry not unusual..

+1

The breast asymmetry that you have is not that unusual. You certainly would benefit from breast augmentation, creating symmetry of the folds and an areolar reduction. This can be performed at the same time. Implant size determination can be improved with imaging systems. Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon