The gel implants flatten when lying down on the front. Is this normal?

My daughter has gel implants if she lies on her front they flatten and stay like that for a while. Also they hurt. It is only one breast that does it. Thank you

Breasts Flatten when laying down?

+2
Your question is a little bit puzzling.  As others have mentioned, photos would be helpful.  I wonder if the implants are above the muscle, with little tissue.  If so, that might account for the greater visibility of the implant.  Your best next step is to follow up with her plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Flatten implants

+2
Most breasts, with or without implants do flatten and push to the side when laying down. If your daughter is having problems with her implants, I recommend she return to her surgeon for an examination. A photo showing the problem would be helpful.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Gel implants flattening

+2
I am sorry but I am not exactly sure what you are asking.  Might want to consider sending in a picture.  

Mary Gingrass, MD

Flattening with implants?

+1
I am not sure what you are asking.  The implants will be squashed a bit when a person is lying on them, but they should bounce back almost immediately. If concerned she should be seen in person.

Breast implant flattening

+1
It would be beneficial to include photos so that I might evaluate your daughter's issues.  I have not encountered this situation as of yet and am interested in evaluating what she is experiencing.

Good luck.

Dr. Taranow, NYC Plastic Surgery

Douglas Taranow DO, FACOS