Do I Have Tuberous Breast Deformity? What Should I Do?

I am 36 years old and have not had children. I would like to have my breast deformity corrected and would appreciate advice, I now have the time and resources for surgery. I think my breasts are tuburous and do not wish to have implants unless its really necessary for the result. I would be very grateful for advice on how to get the most attractive result.

Tuberous Breast vs Breast Droop

+3

Although you will need an examination to be sure, what you seem to have is pure breast ptosis (droop). You have two options. First, if, in an unpadded bra, you are the size you would like to be, all you need is a breast lift. If, in a bra, you are smaller than you would like, then you need a breast lift and augmentation with implants. Make an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon after you decide on the size you desire.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

How can I treat tuberous breasts without breast implants?

+2

There is certainly a component of tuberous deformity, but it is not so severe, and there is adequate brest tissue to acheive a good correction with a lift and without implants.  the lift will have to be modified, but an experienced surgeon will know what to do.  Good luck.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Not a classic tuberous breast deformity

+2

Monte,

Although your breasts do not demonstrate all of the characteristics of tuberous breast deformity, they do have some components including a tight breast base.  This can be corrected with a breast lift procedure with or without an implant.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Tuberous breasts ??

+2

Looking at your photo, I think your breast shape is not a tuberous one, but just the more common "droopy" (ptotic) shape.  I think you could get some major improvement in your shape with a well-performed breast lift.  Implants could be added if you desire more breast volume & upper pole fullness.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Do I have tuberous breast deformity? What should I do?

+2

Based on your photo, you do not have a tuberous breast deformity but rather, more of an issue with significant ptosis (drooping) and loss of superior breast volume. Although the base width of your breast is a bit narrow, you do not show any signs of herniation behind the areola. I would approach your situation with a vertical mastopexy to re-position the nipple areola in the appropriate location and utilize a small prosthesis to give you adequate superior fill. The vast majority of the time I do this as a single procedure since a small revision rate seems the better approach than two separate operations.  Hope this helps.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast appearance

+2

Hi Monty36,

From your posted photo it does not appear that you have classic tuberous breast.  You do have drooping or ptosis of the breast tisse and the nipple is too low (also called ptosis).  I do not think you would an implant to have a nice improvement.  A breast lift alone should make a nice improvement.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

+2

Dear Monty, your question is a bit confusing, as you state you do wish to have implants unless it is necessary; I will assume that you mean you DO NOT wish to have implants unless necessary.  You could get a nice result with a breast lift , but I believe that you would get a better result with implants and a lift.  It is your choice either way.  You may want to have the lift first, then decide if you are happy enough without implants.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts or not....

+2

From your photograph it is difficult to evaluate the position of the bottom of the breast (infra-mammary fold) which is higher in tuberous breasts.  That being said,  your breasts do not have many of the classic changes of tuberous breasts.  You may benefit from a breast lift (mastopexy) alone.  If your breast fold is higher than normal, a posterior release and relaxation of the lower breast gland may produce a reasonable result, but, if you truly have tuberous breasts, a combination lift with a breast implant is the best surgical plan.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift +/- implants

+2

It looks like your breasts are quite saggy, and could use a lift. If you want more volume, an implant would be helpful.

Your breast require a breast lift with or with out a implant or a reduction mamoplasty

+2

You have post partum changes to your breast with drooping (ptosis) not tuberous breast. You can improve your breast with a breast lift (mastopexy) with or with out breast implants. Since you don't care about being bigger than a lift alone would be right for you. This will require a scar around your nipple areolar complex, down the middle of your breast and most probably an incision under your breast. Make sure your surgeons show you post op photos at least 6-12 months out. If you want more fullness in the upper pole of you breast it would be good to put in a breast implant. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD