I need my nose to be more balanced with the rest of my face. What procedure do you recommend? (photos)

What kind of work do I need done on my nose to have better balance with my face? I wanted to slim down the overall appearance of the bridge and tip, and my profile is kind of crooked but I don't really mind that. I'm just concerned with the frontal view of my nose (sorry the picture quality isn't great).

Rhinoplasty recommendation

+2
You have a beautiful and striking face.  Rhinoplasty would help with facial aesthetics by refining the tip and creating a narrower nose overall.  You may also want to discuss a chin implant with your surgeon to balance your face and to improve facial harmony.  

Consult a surgeon Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and review his/her entire portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge experience level and expertise and so you can get an idea of the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

I need my nose to be more balanced with the rest of my face. What procedure do you recommend?

+2
You can improve the cosmetic balance of your face with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty. A subtle chin implant will provide additional harmony of your features. Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Naso-Facial Balance

+2
A reduction rhinoplasty will decrease the fullness of your profile and narrow your entire nose including the bridge, tip, and nasal base to improve the balance between your nose and the surrounding facial features. You say that you're not as concerned re your profile but consider a chin implant to improve proportions in your lower face.

Rhinoplasty to balance the nose to create natural appearing nose

+1
Thanks for your question and photos.
Rhinoplasty can be done to create a natural looking nose with predictable results.
In your case with large cartilages, some reduction can balance the nose.
Also improving the shape of the lower lateral cartilage of your nose can reduce the width and bulbosity and improve he appearance. 
Lastly, the projection of the nose when excessive can be reduced using advanced techniques.
Ps. a chin implant can significantly help with proportions and harmony of the face.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty with a chin implant is your answer

+1
You will need rhinoplasty, mostly focused on your nasal tip and narrowing of your nose.  You also have a week chin.  Subtle chin enlargement will compliment your profile.  It is all about balance and proportion.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty to de-project the nose and chin implant to project the chin

+1
The photographs show an overly projecting nose with a nasal hump, a wide tip and bridge. The photographs also show up a recessive chin present, which makes the nose look more prominent.
A rhinoplasty procedure can involve shaving the nasal hump down and de-projecting the bridge, narrowing the nasal bones and narrowing the tip with a tip rhinoplasty. A small chin implant  can be inserted  through a sub mental approach to give added projection to the chin for better facial balance. 

+1
A "FULL" Rhinoplasty.. Best to seek only IN PERSON opinions from boarded surgeons in your area/city/state. Good Luck///

Nose to be more balanced

+1
Yes a rhinoplasty will help and you should consider a chin implant too! Both will address your need for facial balance.  

Michael Kulick, MD

I need a more balanced nose

+1
Dear Jasmine,

Many of my patients ask whether their nose is big, long, or wide? It is a common question that many who are seeking rhinoplasty ask me. What exactly are facial proportions that give symmetry and balance to the face.
The choice to undergo rhinoplasty is a personal decision made by the patient and upon consultation with a trusted surgeon. A wide nasal bridge can be improved with osteotomies or bone cuts in the nasal pyramid. The crooked nose can be addressed by correcting assymetry in the tip and middle bridge or vault of the nose by using a combination of cartilage spreader grafts, and repositioning the nasal tip in an extension graft. The profile can be smoothed out with a rasp and a small onlay graft if needed. Consulting with a facial plastic surgeon can help to further delineate your concerns.
The size of the nose must match the proportions of the face to give aesthetic balance. When patients consider how big their nose is, they may see a nose that projects too much from the face. The nasal tip should approximate the length between the upper lip and the base of the nose. Appropriate proportions of the size of the nose include nasal length that matches approximately one third of the face from the nasal starting point to the end of the nose. A nasal width that approximates the width of the eye is considered aesthetically ideal. Within these constraints, tip refinement can help shape the lower third of the nose. The thickness of the skin may limit the final result but to a lesser degree than the other changes that I mentioned. Establishing a relationship with a board certified facial plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty is recommended.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Your nose can be modified to refine it a bit. The dorsum can be softened and the tip should be modified. Best of luck.