Granuloma Removal For Under Eye, From Collagen Filers? Other Options?

Do any cosemtic surgeons remove granulomas under the eye from collagen fillers? Or do they suggest a lower bleth to remove the granulomas? Is there any success of preventing indents or large scars with two lumps from granulomas?

Post filler granuloma

+1
It would be helpful if you could specify the filler that was injected and the amount of time that has elapsed since injection. Radiesse can cause by pain the lower eyelid region. I would not rush into excisional surgery until the cause/effect has been confirmed by a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.

Granuloma?

+1

It is not typical to have granulomas after collagen injection.  Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are also low risk for granuloma formation.  Sculptra has an association with granuloma formation. Massage is the first treatment option for a presumed granuloma.  If that doesn't work, steroid injection or use of Hyaluronidase (with HA fillers) can help resolve the process.  Finally, if that doesn't work, excision either directly or via a blepharoplasty can be a final option.  However, time will tell.

Be patient.

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1

This would depend on the size and length of time the granulomas have existed.  For granulomas from temporary fillers, it's best to wait it out or try local steroids unless you are planning a lower eyelid surgery to remove fat bags and the granuloma is in that same location.

Granuloma from collagen? I don't think so.

+1

It would be very unusual to have developed a granuloma from a collagen injection.  I wonder if you were injected with something other than collagen.  I have never seen a permanent granuloma from a collagen injection.  Not saying it is not possible.  In Ohio I can recommend Julian T Perry, M.D. at the Cleveland Clinic or Jill Foster, M.D. in Columbus as top notch oculoplastic surgeons who can assess you and make a recommendation to address your concerns.

Granuloma

+1

I"m sorry to hear about these problems that you are having.  Photos would be very helpful.  Also knowing how long they have been there, how many and how big they are.  Has anything been done for them already?  Sometimes steroid injections can be used, but they have risks as well.  A lower eyelid blepharoplasty may address the problem as well.  It depends on your particular situation.  

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Clearwater Oculoplastic Surgeon