One Year Post Op from Revision on Right Breast and It Seems Flatter Than the Other? (photo)

I am currently one year post op from my revision surgery that was set to correct my right breast as it was smaller than the left and a bit higher after the initial surgery and healing. Now when I look down at my chest I see a slop between the two and the the right breast is rounder and flatter.. Even though there is more saline in the right breast, it looks to be flatter. It has bothered me for a year and I decided to finally go back and talk to my PS in hopes we can change the profile.

Revisionary Breast Surgery to Improve Breast Symmetry?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although your concerns are understandable, I would caution you to be very careful about undergoing additional surgery. Make sure you understand that with each additional operation you undergo expose you to risks/complications which could worsen your situation. Also understand, that despite best efforts, absolute symmetryof the breasts will likely never be achieved.

Most well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will tell you that:  “the enemy of good is better”.

Breast differences

+1

No two breasts are exactly the same. It is very difficult to achieve perfect symmetry and it appears that you hav a very satisfactory result. Perhaps in person other issues may be more apparent.

One Year Post Op from Revision

+1

Breast photos should have the arms at the sides to evaluate symmetry. Raising the arms lifts the breasts and implants, and even if arms are evenly elevated, the muscles are not symmetric and will have different responses from breasts and implants. 

Asymmetry is not an occasional finding--it is a universal finding. These look fairly even to me, though photos are no substitute for an in person examination.  I would not at all discourage speaking to your surgeon, but I am not sure there is enough margin for improvement to justify another procedure. All the best. 

One Year Post Op from Revision on Right Breast and It Seems Flatter Than the Other?

+1

Asymmetry is the usual case in all of nature.  There are a number of reasons for asymmetry such as chest wall discrepancies, implants settling differently, or need for additional fill in one implant.  Check with your plastic surgeon and get his honest evaluation of your concerns and if surgery is warranted again, be sure you understand the risks as well as expected benefits.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Symmetry issues following breast augmentation revision surgery

+1

There is some asymmetry with the right breast not as full as the left.  You may want to consider adding fluid to the opposite breast implant.   Absolute symmetry is not always possible.  

Bothered since breast revision

+1

Breast asymmety is the rule and not the exception, and your photos look rather well. No matter how you revise or adjust, you will always find differences right to left, before and after augmentation, and even after revision. Revision involves cost and risk so make sure the adjustments are meaningful and the goals realistic.

May have a chest wall asymmetry

+1

Thanks for your pic and ? It looks like you might have a slight asymmetry in the chest wall/ rib cage. This will make it look there one side is flatter. From the front view your result looks great. You probably need to address this with your plastic surgeon. I understand what you are pointing out. I'm not sure if it would be correctable with surgery. It might be worth discussing placing a higher profile on the right and switching to smooth round gel. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD