What Do I Do if I Seriously Think I Got Ripped Off? No Results After 4 Days

I prepaid for a chin revision and restylane lip fillers to be put in while under anesthesia. I questioned on here about the amount being high at 4cc and most dr.s replied with that's alot. Well I went under the knife, woke up and my lips look barely enhanced. I am so pissed and its only 4 days post op. What do I say to her? I go in tomorrow and I am so pissed right now.

+1

4 ccs to the lips would be a huge amount, but if most were injected into the chin or other areas this would be reasonable.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

No Results After 4 Days

+1

I typically inject 1 cc for the lips; sometimes up to 2 cc.  Four cc seems like a lot.  You should feel comfortable going in to discuss this with your PS.  Try not to be too angry at the outset as it will make the discussion more difficult.

Sorry..

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Restylane and efficacy

+1

Without knowing exact placement and injection technique, and or seeing before and after photo's, it's very difficult to answer your question. Hopefully you had them take pre-procedure pictures to compare your treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Lip Augmentation With Fillers

+1

Four CC's of any filler for lip augmentation is a lot.  Had all four CC's been injected in your lips you would have seen a marked change in lip volume.  Routinely 1-2cc of a hyaluronic acid based filler are all that is needed for satisfactory volume augmentation.  I would request a copy of your operative report.  Good Luck.  

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 cc of any filler in lips is WAY TOO MUCH!

+1

1-2 cc is all most lips require to plump them.  If you had 4 cc put in, you and everyone you passed in the street would (unfortunately) know you had a filler.  Talk to your doctor and request a copy of your records, detailing all the locations she injected.  

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

4 mL of restylane in the Lips

+1

There is no doubt that had you received 4 mL of Restylane or any equivalent filler in the lips alone, you would notice a dramatic change.  Perhaps the remaining filler was used in the nasolabial folds, tear troughs, cheeks, or elsewhere?  I think the best course of action is to discuss this with your Surgeon.  Remember that it is best to ask questions than be angry and make accusations, because there may be a very viable explanation for this.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Do I Do if I Seriously Think I Got Ripped Off from Fillers?

+1

4cc is an incredible amount for just the lips. Was some also being placed in your chin? That's a lot either way, but I have never, ever put 4cc into one person's lips, and if that was done I would imagine you'd look like a puffer fish. Since you don't, I have a hard time understanding, like you, that your lips don't look more enhanced. I think you should have a frank discussion with your doctor. Ask where the filler was placed and why it doesn't look more enhanced. Did she put more into your chin and you didn't know that was happening? Basically, what happened while you were under.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD